Paso Robles man escapes motorhome fire with his dog

A Paso Robles man and his dog escaped a Thursday night motorhome fire that caused significant damage.

Firefighters responded to the blaze on the 2000 block of Park Street about 6:13 p.m. Crews contained the fire within about 15 minutes and remained on scene for about 30 minutes, according to a Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services news release.

The 1979 Dodge motorhome was seriously damaged, although crews were able to save a 1980 Chevy El Camino parked adjacent to the vehicle.

Neither the man nor his dog were injured in the fire, according to the release.

Related stories from San Luis Obispo Tribune