“Many of our neighbors are in harm’s way because of these fires,” said Chad Farren, president of U-Haul Company of San Fernando Valley, in a release. “We want to provide them a secure place to store their belongings at no charge for 30 days.”
The free storage is valid at seven participating U-Haul facilities, the company said.
(Separately, San Luis Obispo-based Meathead Movers is offering a month of free storage to fire victims. The participating Meathead location is in Oxnard, and the company asks anyone needing storage to call 805-544-6328 and have a valid driver’s license or utility bill from the evacuation zones.)
Never miss a local story.
Here is a list of the participating U-Haul locations:
▪ U-Haul Moving & Storage of Altadena
2320 N. Lincoln Ave.
Altadena, CA 91001
▪ U-Haul Moving & Storage of Sun Valley
7721 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
▪ U-Haul Moving & Storage of Canyon Country
27150 Sierra Highway
Canyon Country, CA 91351
▪ U-Haul Moving & Storage of Atwater Village
2671 Fletcher Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90039
▪ U-Haul Moving & Storage of Panorama City
7885 Nelson Road, Unit B
Panorama City, CA 91402
▪ U-Haul Moving & Storage of East Pasadena
3559 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
▪ U-Haul Moving & Storage of Pasadena
552 S. Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91105