Someone just arrived in Cambria from Australia, and is asked whether he wants to buy a ticket to the Bronco Boosters’ “reverse drawing” — to take a chance on winning $5,000. It’s possible he’s never heard of a reverse drawing.
It’s simple, as attendees at this year’s event — March 4 at the Veterans Memorial Building in the West Village — will explain to that visitor from Down Under.
All 100 tickets ($125 each) are drawn until only 10 are left. Those 10 ticket-holders come up to the stage and are eliminated one by one, unless they all agree to split the $5,000 pot. Tickets are available by calling 805-286-6119 or 805-927-3260.
This is boosters’ biggest fundraiser of the year, and it is always a rocking, fun-filled evening with a meal, wine and beer, and friends greeting friends who hadn’t seen each other since last year’s reverse drawing.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The list of Coast Union High School programs that have benefited from the boosters over the past school year is impressive.
▪ Athletic sports equipment and uniforms: $8,590.
▪ Athletic tournament fees and home game banners: $4,836.
▪ Library books and publications: $2,025.
▪ FFA conferences: $4,200.
▪ College scholarships for seniors: $4,000.
▪ ASB leadership camp: $2,700.
▪ 3D digital printer for the art department: $1,669.
▪ Other contributions to programs at CUHS: $1,756.