Local

SLO County high school goes on lockdown after receiving anonymous threat online

Nipomo High School
Nipomo High School ldickinson@thetribunenews.com

Nipomo High School students secured in place for part of Tuesday afternoon after the school received an anonymous tip. The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office was called to check the campus.

According to Lucia Mar Unified School District spokesperson Amy Jacobs, the high school reached out to law enforcement after receiving an “online anonymous tip” some time before 12:52 p.m.

The secure-in-place order remained in effect through lunchtime, so students were escorted to the gym and provided with lunch and access to restrooms, Jacobs said.

Just before 3 p.m., the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office confirmed all classes had been checked, Jacobs said.

The students were then allowed to return to their fourth period classes until the conclusion of the school day.

Kaytlyn Leslie
The Tribune
Kaytlyn Leslie writes about business and development for The San Luis Obispo Tribune. Hailing from Nipomo, she also covers city governments and happenings in San Luis Obispo. She joined The Tribune in 2013 after graduating from Cal Poly with her journalism degree.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER