▪ It looks like there’s an MVP feud brewing.
The Warriors’ Steph Curry responded to Lebron James’ thinly veiled criticisms about Curry’s first unanimous MVP in league history.
James, a four-time MVP himself, had mostly complimentary things to say: “You look at Steph’s numbers, I mean, he averaged 30 (points), he led the league in steals, he was 90, 50, 40, and (the Warriors) won 73 wins,” James said. “I don’t think you really have any debate over that, really, when it comes to that award.”
What Lebron did say is that the term most valuable player should be up for debate.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Curry had this to say in response: “I’ve gotten really good at ignoring people.”
Either way, it should be very interesting if these two teams meet again in the Finals. What do you think about the MVP argument? Here’s one opinion:
▪ David Ross hit a three-run home run to help the streaking Chicago Cubs beat the Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday. The real story was the fan who just missed out on the home run ball. He was so upset that he took off his shirt and cursed the baseball gods (which might not be a smart move if you’re a Cubs fan).
▪ The Miami Heat tied series with the Toronto Raptors on Friday, winning 103-91. There were several highlight-reel plays, none more so than two of the biggest dunks of the playoffs, one by electrifying Heat rookie Josh Richardson and another by Raptor’s Terrance Ross.
▪ The Cuesta baseball team opened its three-game playoff series with a win over Chaffey. Story by Lucas Clark.
▪ And in the world of Korean baseball — we span the globe here, folks — a player did something you’ve probably never seen before. Lee Dae-hyung, and outfielder for the KT Wiz, bunted for a standup double.
▪ In more sobering news, Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes was suspended by MLB until May 31 for violating its domestic violence policy. Reyes will not appeal the suspension. The Rockies would probably be more concerned about the suspension if not for the emergence of Trevor Story.