In my opinion, recent voting by the San Luis Obispo County Board of Supervisors indicates they are not in tune with their constituency. The next election could better reflect citizen desires with a few questions:
(1) Should vehicles be permitted on our beach?
(2) Should a marine sanctuary be established?
(3) Should park rangers lead nature walks to educate citizens?
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
(4) Should vehicles be permitted on any dunes?
(5) Should all classes be encouraged to have nature walks in coastal habitats?
I taught biology in 10 different high schools on the East Coast and then at Hancock College for 25 years — my students (me too) loved the field trips in the natural world.
Bill Denneen, Nipomo