The 16th annual Buzz Marathon is in the history books.
The race was run Feb. 13 on the scenic Camp Roberts course.
Here’s a look at the winners.
- Marathon: Male: David Campa, San Luis Obispo, 2:50:30.2 (also first-place Lillian Larsen alumnus). Female: Jill Richert, Los Osos, 4:11:55.0.
- Half-marathon: Male: Robert Mead, Templeton, 1:22:10.3. Female: Sara St Cyr, San Luis Obispo, 1:56:25.0.
- 10K: Male: Alan Squyres, Lancaster, 43:10.8 (new course record). Female: Katie Rodriguez, Santa Maria, 56:22.1.
- 5K: Male: Geoff Smith, Tracy, 21:42:2. Female: Jenny Smith, Tracy, 24:13.5 (new course record).
- Children-under-12 mile: Male: Adolfo Machado, age 10, Paso Robles, 8:18.3. Female: Sadie Richert, age 10, Los Osos, 8:25:4.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Tribune
Complete results may be accessed at www.synergyracetiming.com/buzz-marathon-san-miguel-ca. Proceeds benefit sports programs at Lillian Larsen Elementary School and the California National Guard’s Gold Rush Chapter of the U.S. Army Warrant Officer Association.
Sagebrush Days coming up
The parade committee is busy planning and setting up Sagebrush Days, set for April 23.
The Vendors Faire will begin at 9 a.m.; the parade will start at 11 a.m. It is always a lot of fun, but it takes many hands to make it a success. The committee is asking for help in setting up, manning and taking down barricades, and assisting with the parade lineup.
For all information, call Mike Sanders at 712-9120.
▪ ▪ ▪
Go to www.discoversanmiguel.com for current information on San Miguel events, businesses, organizations, churches and opportunities to volunteer. The history section features stories and pictures from early-day families, the town and area.
Lynne Schmitz’s column is special to The Tribune. She is a longtime resident of San Miguel, and her column appears here weekly. Reach her at Lynne_Schmitz@yahoo.com (with “San Miguel News” in the subject line) or at 467-3565.