The 16th annual Great Kitchens of Cambria self-guided kitchens tour offers local residents an inside look at seven Cambria culinary centers, with proceeds benefitting the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve.
“This is our biggest fundraiser of the year,” said Susan Loganbill of the Kitchen Tour Committee.
Tickets are $40 each for the event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, July 30, and features small plates, wine and beer. A raffle will be held, with prizes including collections of local wines, vacation packages (including lodging, dinner and Hearst Castle tickets) and a $250 Williams-Sonoma gift certificate.
The kitchens on this year’s tour run the gamut from 18th century to European to modern. Stops on the tour are the homes of:
▪ Cathy and John Zettler, which features a unique center island and an unconventional shape that allows plenty of room for multiple cooks.
▪ Susan and Bob Detweiler, whose 18th-century-themed kitchen includes granite counters, a butcher-block wood area and a large refrigerator hidden behind cabinet doors.
▪ Susan and Tom Loganbill, a European-style kitchen on Lodge Hill that features grain-matched mahogany cabinets and granite countertops.
▪ Louise and Richard Mazerov, with its aqua-colored Northstar stove in predominantly white surroundings.
▪ Juli and Lerry Beltramo, a 2015 kitchen that features a sleek, modern style and ocean views.
▪ Farah Aria, whose kitchen features an original Wedgewood stove topped by a custom wood surround with a sweeping accent curve.
▪ Janet Cooper, which the committee describes as an “entertainer’s kitchen” where “any chef becomes the center of attention.” It features warm wood and rustic stone.
Tickets for the tour are available online at www.cambriakitchentour.com or in Cambria at A Matter of Taste, 4120 Burton Drive; the Cambria Chamber of Commerce, 767 Main St. (accepting checks only); The Cambria Farmers Market from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Fridays at the vets hall.
The Great Kitchens of Cambria self-guided tour is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, July 30. Tickets are priced at $40 and available online or at various San Luis Obispo County locations.