The nomination period is over, and 22 candidates have signed up to run in November for 11 seats on four North Coast agencies. Another candidate will be appointed in lieu of election.
The presidential election will be held Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Candidates are, in alphabetical order:
▪ Cambria Community Services District, three four-year seats: Challengers gardener/astrologer Harry Farmer, retired businessman R. Thomas Kirkey, retired business owner Dewayne Lee and caregiver Jeff Walters; incumbents Amanda Rice, Gail Robinette and Greg Sanders. Farmer ran in 2010. Walters ran as a write-in candidate in 2012.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Cambria Community Healthcare District, two four-year seats: Challenger Shirley Bianchi, retired San Luis Obispo County supervisor and planning commissioner; incumbents Barbara Bronson Gray and Kristi Jenkins; and challenger Jerry Scott Wood, a retiree who was active in the successful efforts to “Keep Cambria Fire Local.” Another seat on the board was vacated Friday, Aug. 12, by the death of Trustee Michael McLaughlin. However, that seat isn’t part of the election. The board could appoint someone later to fill out McLaughlin’s term, which runs through 2018.
▪ Coast Unified School District, three four-year seats: Challengers harbormaster Eric Endersby, retired educator Dennis Rightmer, software engineer Eileen Roach and teacher/guitarist/performer Samuel Shalhoub; and appointed incumbent Tiffany Silva from Cayucos. Incumbents Cindy Fratto and Sue Nash will not seek re-election.
▪ Coast Unified School District, one two-year term — appointed incumbent Lee McFarland and challenger Elizabeth Weatherly, an educator.
▪ San Simeon Community Services District, two four-year seats — incumbent Alan Fields; retired educator Mary Margaret McGuire; and incumbents Leroy Price and Daniel Williams.
John Russell will be appointed in lieu of election to the two-year seat he currently holds on the San Simeon Community Services District because he is the only candidate.
Kathe Tanner: 805-927-4140