Local

Fire officials reopen investigation into blaze at Giuseppe’s in Pismo

A look at the fire damage at Giuseppe's restaurant in Pismo Beach

A fire broke out on June 25, 2016, at Giuseppe’s Cucina Italiana restaurant in Pismo Beach, gutting much of the interior and causing several million dollars’ worth of damage, officials said.
Up Next
A fire broke out on June 25, 2016, at Giuseppe’s Cucina Italiana restaurant in Pismo Beach, gutting much of the interior and causing several million dollars’ worth of damage, officials said.

Officials are continuing to investigate a fire that broke out at Giuseppe’s Cucina Italiana in Pismo Beach early Saturday morning.

The blaze gutted much of the interior and caused as much as several million dollars’ worth of damage to the restaurant at 891 Price St.

Cal Fire Battalion Chief Tom McEwen said Saturday that the blaze was accidental and caused by an appliance, likely starting near the pizza oven toward the middle rear of the dining area.

On Sunday morning, McEwen said more information had became available overnight and the investigation had been reopened.

“We’re reopening the investigation, not that we think too much has changed, but some facts came to light overnight,” McEwen said. He added that they’re going to follow up on more leads and interview more people.

McEwen was unable to give additional information about the fire because of the ongoing investigation.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

For the original story on the fire, click here.

Related stories from San Luis Obispo Tribune

  Comments