More than a dozen events will be held throughout the county Friday to celebrate Bike to Work Day.
Bike to Work Day encourages local residents to commute to work on their bicycles.
The event is being presented by SLO Regional Rideshare, a program of the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments.
Several “MeetUp ride” locations are being planned countywide. The MeetUp routes will pass by bike breakfast stations open during morning commute hours. Bicycle commuters will be offered free beverages, snacks, and a bike bag full of “swag and encouragement.”
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The meeting locations to ride to San Luis Obispo are:
• Morro Bay, 695 Harbor St. at 7 a.m.
• Los Osos, 1230 Los Osos Valley Road at 7 a.m.
• Pismo Beach, 760 Mattie Road at 7 a.m.
• Paso Robles, Barney Schwartz Park at 7 a.m.
• Atascadero, 9530 El Camino Real at 7 a.m.
• Five Cities, Dinosaur Caves Park at 7 a.m.
Within San Luis Obispo:
• Highway 1 and Highland (riding to Tank Farm and Broad) at 7:30 a.m.
• Mitchell Park (to the airport area) at 7:30 a.m.
• Meadow Park (to downtown) at 7 a.m.
• Laguna Lake (to north San Luis Obispo) at 7:30 a.m.
• Laguna Hills Park (to Tank Farm and Broad) at 7:30 a.m.
In addition, a “Bikes & Beauty Fashion Show and Blowout Extravaganza” will be held at the SLO Grange Hall on Friday evening from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Admission is free, and all food and drink purchases benefit Bike SLO County. The first 250 people receive a commemorative steel pint glass.