Local

Cooktop fire at Paso Robles restaurant causes $2.5K in damage

An accidental fire Wednesday night caused several thousand dollars worth of damage to a Paso Robles restauarant and bakery.

Paso Robles firefighters responded at around 10 p.m. to a fire at Panaderia & Restaurant Martinez, 2524 Spring St., according to a Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services news release.

Responders found the building full of smoke with a small fire in the cooktop area and extinguished the flames before they spread to the building. The blaze caused about $2,500 in damage, according to investigators. Cal Fire and San Luis Ambulance Service also provided assistance. No one was injured.

The fire was determined to be accidental, as restaurant staff left the cooktop on after closing.

  Comments