Police officers from agencies across San Luis Obispo County will temporarily exchange their badges for aprons and serve up dinner at a number of upcoming events to benefit the Special Olympics of Southern California.
At the annual Tip-A-Cop fundraisers, which will be held over five weeks, 100 percent of the proceeds for meals will be donated to local Special Olympics athletes, according to the organization’s website.
This year’s fundraisers include:
▪ May 24 at the Paso Robles Event Center, 2198 Riverside Ave. in Paso Robles. Dinners at 5:30 and 7 p.m.
▪ May 25 at the Alex Madonna Expo Center, 100 Madonna Road in San Luis Obispo. Dinners at 5:30 and 7 p.m.
▪ May 26 at the South County Regional Center, 800 W. Branch St. in Arroyo Grande. Dinners 5:30 and 7 p.m.
▪ June 3 at the Morro Bay Community Center at 1001 Kennedy Way in Morro Bay. Dinner at 7 p.m.
▪ June 30 at the Cambria Veterans Memorial Building, 1000 Main St. in Cambria. Dinners at 5 and 7 p.m.
Tickets for a table of eight are $200 and can be ordered online at sosc.org/sloc/tipacop-reservations. For more information, contact San Luis Obispo Police Department Lt. Bill Proll at 781-7369 or email@example.com.
To make a donation to the Special Olympics, visit sosc.org.