The Arroyo Grande Recreation Services Department has announced its Holiday Decorating Contest winners for 2015.
Commercial buildings were judged Dec. 16, and residences were judged Dec. 17.
The winners in the business categories, in order of first place through third place:
- Most Festive: Arroyo Grande Bakery, Home Star Construction/Bath Planet and Cafe Andreini.
- Best Use of Lighting: Rabobank, The Old Potting Bench and Webb Oil.
- Most Spirited: The Cutting Edge, Jaffa Cafe and Branch Street Deli.
- Best Holiday Display: Wolf Chiropractic, Le Papillon and Bill’s Cleaners.
- Best Window Painting: The Quarterdeck Restaurant, Salon 132 and Me and Z’s.
- Best Overall in the business category: James Murphy Jr., A Law Corp.
- Hall of Fame award: The Village Improvement Association.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Winners in the residential categories, in order of first place through third place:
- Most Festive: 833 Mesa Drive tied with 220 S. Mason St.; 1550 Strawberry Ave. tied with 1104 Palm Court; and 1118 Palm Court.
- Best Use of Lighting: 520 Diana Place tied with 284 Mercedes Lane; 2552 Snowcone Place; and 858 Willow Lane.
- Most Spirited: 423 Greenwood Drive tied with 197 Colina St.; 922 Sandalwood Ave. tied with 1126 Palm Court; and 852 Willow Lane.
- Most Traditional: 406 Beech St.; 276 Walnut St. tied with 170 Brisco Road, Unit C; and 926 The Pike.
- Most Creative: 477 Bakeman Lane; 933 Sandalwood Ave. tied with 517 Cornwall Ave.; and 515 Cornwall Ave.
- Best Holiday Display: 762 Los Ciervos Court; 232 Spruce St., Unit A and Unit B; and 224 Spruce St., Unit A.
- Best Overall in the residential category: 756 Los Ciervos Court.
- Hall of Fame award: 517 Starlight Lane.