West Front Village is shaping up at 9006 West Front Road in Atascadero to feature a new restaurant, bar and meeting space next to the existing Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel.
Atascadero residents Amar and Jessica Sohi, the operators of the Holiday Inn, are building the 5,000-square-foot mixed-use expansion, which is slated to open in May 2016. Its 2,000-square-foot meeting and event space will be available for gatherings such as business meetings, reunions and wedding rehearsals. Its design focuses on natural light and the ability to divide the gathering space into two sections. The Sohis and their San Luis Obispo firm H&S Hospitality LLC (where Amar Sohi is the general manager and his wife, Jessica, is the director of sales and marketing) will operate the meeting space. The couple lives in Atascadero with their two children and have operated the 80-room Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Atascadero since it opened in 2008.
“We’ve been needing a restaurant with the hotel and hoping to find a local operator for it,” Jessica Sohi said.
The 3,000-square-foot restaurant portion of the Mediterranean-style building will be leased to and operated by Jeff Marston of Marston’s Bar & Grill in downtown San Luis Obispo. The Atascadero restaurant will likely have a different name and feature a full bar, wood-fired oven and flatbread pizzas. It will offer a different menu than Marston’s San Luis Obispo eatery at 673 Higuera St., previously home to Marti’s Bar & Grill.
Construction on the building began July 31. The building’s framing and roof installation is going on now, with the plumbing and electrical work to be complete by the end of 2015.
A look at West Front Village
- Owner: H&S Hospitality LLC in San Luis Obispo
- Contractor(s): Holland & Knapp Construction in Atascadero
- Architect: Larry Gabriel Architect (LGA) in Paso Robles; and Arris Studio Architects in San Luis Obispo
- Engineer(s): Ashley & Vance Engineering in San Luis Obispo, structural engineering; HCS Engineering in Stockton, electrical engineering; Monsoon Consultants in San Luis Obispo, civil engineering; Firma Design Group in San Luis obispo, landscape engineering.
- Project cost: Declined to disclose
- Expected completion date: May 2016