Looking for a place where you can let Fido fetch, Spot sprint or Rover romp? Check out one of San Luis Obispo County’s dog parks. Here’s a quick look at local dog parks and what you need to know before you and your pup go.
San Luis Obispo
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Laguna Lake Dog Park. Large, off-leash area with no fencing. 504 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo.
▪ Jody Giannini Family Dog Park. Two large, off-leash, fenced areas. Del Mar Park, Ironwood Avenue, Morro Bay. www.morrobaypups.org.
▪ J&J Heller Cambria Dog Park. Fenced, off-leash area. Main Street and Santa Rosa Creek Road.
▪ Norma Rose Dog Park. Fenced off-leash area. Ocean Boulevard and Studio Drive, Cayucos.
▪ Heilmann Regional Park. Fenced, off-leash park. El Bordo Avenue, Atascadero. www.heilmanndogpark.com.
▪ Vineyard Dog Park. Two large, off-leash, fenced areas. Toys, wading pools and water available for dogs. $1 use fee or $25 annually. 1010 Semillon Lane, Templeton. www.vineyarddogpark.org.
▪ Sherwood Dog Park. Two fenced, off-leash areas. $1 use fee or $25 annually. 290 Scott St., Paso Robles. www.parks4pups.org/sherwood-dog-park-paso-robles.
▪ Elm Street Off-Leash Dog Park. Two large, off-leash, fenced areas. South end of Elm Street, Arroyo Grande. http://fivecitiesdogpark.org/.
▪ Nipomo Community Park. Fenced, off-leash area. Two play yards. Pomeroy Road and West Tefft Street.