Here’s what you need to know about Garth Brooks’ concerts Thursday at the California Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles.
(1) Last-minute tickets. As of Wednesday evening, concert tickets were available via Ticketmaster.com and resale websites — some for as low as $9.
(2) Arrive early. Factor in extra time to drive, park, grab a shuttle and make your way through security at one of four public entrance gates. Fairgoers must pass through metal detectors before entering the fairgrounds, and weapons aren’t allowed onsite, so leave your pocket knives at home.
(3) Buy fair admission tickets ahead of time. Garth Brooks concert tickets don’t include fair admission. So get those tickets online at www.midstatefair.com or in person at the Paso Robles Event Center ahead of time. Bring cash to speed up the process.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
(4) Get a free ride. Instead of roaming the streets for hours in search of overpriced parking, park and ride for free. Free shuttle buses will pick up and drop off fairgoers at the following Paso Robles locations starting at noon:
- State Farm, 20th and Spring streets
- Citibank, 16th and Spring streets
- Bank of America, 15th and Spring streets
- Courtyard by Marriott, 120 S. Vine St.
- City Hall, 1000 Spring St.
Shuttle buses will also stop at three additional parking lots opening at 5 p.m. Thursday:
- SpringHillSuites by Marriott, 900 El Camino Real, Atascadero
- Paso Robles Municipal Airport, 4912 Wing Way, Paso Robles
- Paso Robles Horse Park, 3801 Hughes Parkway, Paso Robles
A total of 48 shuttle buses — 36 more than normal — will run continuously through the day, remaining in operation until 4 a.m. Friday. (Unfortunately, Thursday tickets are sold out for AmericanStar Trailways shuttles offering trips to and from Arroyo Grande, Nipomo and San Luis Obispo.)
(5) Take Uber. Drivers will pick up and drop off passengers using ridesharing services at a designated station on 19th Street, adjacent to Pioneer Park in Paso Robles. Limousines and taxis are staging on the west side of Riverside Avenue, across from the fairgrounds, and there’s a handicap drop-off zone north of the fair ticket sales office on Riverside Avenue.
(6) Don’t get a parking ticket. Public parking is prohibited on Riverside Avenue between 16th and 24th streets in Paso Robles.
The California Mid-State Fair runs through July 30 at the Paso Robles Event Center. For more information, call 1-800-909-FAIR (3247) or visit www.midstatefair.com/fair.