On Thursday, June 12, I was at San Luis Sports Therapy getting physical therapy when everyone rushed to the window after seeing the start of a fire in the parking lot.
The receptionist, Michelle, didn’t hesitate. She got out her trusty fire extinguisher and went and put out the fire burning in some wood chips.
She should get a well-deserved bouquet for fast thinking and speedy action taken before the fire really took off and required the Fire Department.
We learned that a person was smoking and threw his cigarette into the very dry wood chips at the base of the parking lot. He should get a brickbat and a well-deserved scolding.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.