Regarding the recent story about the city of Pismo Beach being sued because a short invocation is said at council meetings, I find this to be the epitome of frivolous lawsuits. According to recent polls, 90 percent of Americans say they believe in God. Why does the other 10 percent feel so threatened by any prayer said in a public place?
This country was founded by Christians who sought to escape religious persecution in their home countries. Our Constitution is based on Judeo-Christian principles. It seems to me that the farther we get away from those principles, the worse things get in this country. Prayer is no longer allowed in schools and kids are shooting other kids and teachers. Prayer is no longer allowed in our government and we have rampant corruption and lying by our elected leaders. There seems to be a pattern here.
I resent that the 10 percent of people who do not believe in God find it necessary to file lawsuits and waste court time trying to dictate how the rest of us are to behave in public.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Tribune