Certain new vineyards have planted so many new grapes, they have pumped the Paso Robles basin water table down by 70 feet in recent years, causing wells of many rural residents to go dry. Their solution?
1. Deny the problem and do nothing.
2. Insist the Board of Supervisors handle water matters.
3. Form a PAC called PR-WIN to donate to campaigns for supervisor.
4. Oppose a water district whose board would give a one-vote majority to rural residents and small farmers.
5. Think up spurious reasons for people to vote against their own interest and in theirs, and against the water district.