Twelve San Luis Obispo County residents were arrested this week after a two-month investigation into mobile marijuana dispensaries on the Central Coast.
The investigation began after law enforcement agencies learned that several people were selling marijuana through mobile dispensaries in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Monterey counties, according to a news release from the San Luis Obispo County Narcotic Task Force.
The dispensaries investigated were Caanafornia Health Services out of Atascadero; Santa Barbara Collective out of Tarzana, in Los Angeles; Open Access Foundation, Trilogy Health Services and Harmonic Alliance out of Paso Robles; and Hopeful Remedies and West Coast Caregiving out of Pismo Beach.
Over a three-day period starting Monday, 50 investigators from local and state law enforcement agencies served search warrants at the following locations:
- 1900 block of Kleck Road, Paso Robles
- 1600 block of Christina Court, Paso Robles
- 100 block of Almond Street, Paso Robles
- 1100 block of Las Tablas Road, Templeton
- 9100 block of San Diego Way, Atascadero
- First block of Karen Way, Pismo Beach
- 200 block of Ocean View, Pismo Beach
- 5700 block of Shirley Road, Tarzana
Investigators seized approximately 4 grams of cocaine, 57 pounds of marijuana, 162 marijuana plants, 146 grams of hash and 718 grams of hash oil, with an estimated street value of $3,482,308, according to the news release. Seven firearms and $492,931 in cash also were confiscated.
Additionally, six children were placed into protective custody by the San Luis Obispo County Department of Child Welfare Services, according to the news release.
A dozen people from San Luis Obispo County and three people from Tarzana were arrested on suspicion of various charges, including possession of cocaine for sale, cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale and child endangerment.
The people arrested are:
- Christopher Austin, 33, of Paso Robles
- Amy Austin, 33, of Paso Robles
- Thomas Sandercock, 34, of Paso Robles
- Rachel Tamagni, 57, of Paso Robles
- Charles Tamagni, 47, of Paso Robles
- Peter Miller, 56, of Paso Robles
- Steven Gordon, 55, of Pismo Beach
- Valarie Hosking, 41, of Pismo Beach
- David Hosking, 46, of Pismo Beach
- Roy Allred, 49, of Atascadero
- Shelly Allred, 50, of Atascadero
- Brianna Allred, 21, of Atascadero
- Richard Jones, 60, of Tarzana
- Mei Ching Hsiung, 51, of Tarzana
- Ricky Milne, 58, of Tarzana
As of Thursday evening, only Sandercock was still in custody at County Jail; he's being held in lieu of $25,000 bail.
The Santa Barbara Regional Narcotic Task Force, San Luis County Sheriff’s Department, Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department, San Luis Obispo Police Department, Santa Maria Police Department and the California Highway Patrol assisted in the investigation.