Get ready for this year’s Pinedorado Days on Labor Day weekend!
The theme for the 66th annual event, sponsored by the Cambria Lions Club, is “Our Light Still Shines!”
Once again, a parade will officially kick off the three-day event Saturday, Aug. 30, followed by barbecues, kids games, face painting, bingo, food, wine and beer booths, art show and live music.
A host of other activities begin earlier — most notably the Follies production, which kicks off performances Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Tribune
The eighth annual Pinedorado car show, featuring more than 150 cars, will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 31.
The show, at the Veterans Hall and Cambria Drive, is open to all makes and models. The entry fee is $40. All registrants will receive a T-shirt, food, goodie bag and dash plaque. And all sorts of awards will be handed out — including best of show, best engine, best paint and the Lions Presidential Award.
Pinedorado closes at 4 p.m. Sept. 1. All proceeds benefit Cambria Lions Club charities.
For more information, go to www.pinedorado.com.
Here's a schedule of festivities for this year's Pinedorado Days.
- The Follies: Veterans Hall, Aug. 27-31
- Farmers Market: Veterans Hall parking lot, 2:30-5:30 p.m. Aug. 29
- AFS-Pinedorado 5K Fun Run: 7 a.m., Aug. 30, Coast Union High School
- Waffle breakfast: 7-10 a.m. Aug. 30, Joslyn Recreation Center.
- Pinedorado Parade: 9:30 a.m. Aug. 30, begins at Bridge and Main streets in the East Village, then proceeds along Main Street to the West Village
- Pinedorado winner trophy presentations: 1:30 p.m. Aug. 30, Pinedorado Grounds
- Raffle prizes: Drawn hourly at the Pinedorado Grounds, from noon to 5 p.m. Aug. 30, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 31, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 1. The grand prizes will be drawn at 2 p.m. Sept. 1.