The Cambrian

Plaque dedication Saturday at garden by Cambria Veterans Memorial Building

A bronze plaque will be unveiled Saturday morning at the dedication of the Rotary Peace Through Service Garden in Cambria.

A grassy area along Main Street at Cambria Drive got a major makeover, including landscaping, a fence and new sidewalk, in a project coordinated by the Rotary Club of Cambria and the Cambria Sunrise Centennial Rotary Club.

The area is adjacent to the Cambria Veterans Memorial Flag Stand at the the Cambia Veterans Memorial Building at 1000 Main St.

Representatives of Cambria Community Services District, Cambria American Legion Post No. 432, San Luis Obispo County and others instrumental in making the garden and nearby sidewalk improvements possible are expected for the dedication.

It starts at 10 a.m. with brief remarks, followed by the unveiling. The public is welcome to attend.

The park’s name comes from a theme of Rotary International, “Peace through Service.”

Randy and Nancy Flamm, owners of IQMS Logic in Paso Robles and the Cambria Pub & Steakhouse, contributed $10,000 toward the cost to install the Peace Garden and fence, and are given special recognition on the dedication plaque.

  Comments