The North Coast Advisory Council accepted applications Feb. 21 for Geographic Voting Area representatives as well as for appointed board positions representing Agricultural and Environmental interests.
The NCAC is a volunteer advisory board advising government on issues that affect the North Coast, such as land use, traffic, zoning, public services, community growth, and quality of life.
The following candidates, arranged by Voting Area, met the application standards:
▪ Area 2 (Happy Hill, Leimert): John S. Nixon and Igor V. Fedoroff
▪ Area 4 (Pine Knolls, East Main Street, San Simeon Creek): Susan McDonald and Donald G. Sather
▪ Area 6 (Marine Terrace, West Lodge Hill): Leslie Richards, Cindy Steidel and Tom Gray
▪ Area 8 (East Lodge Hill): Dixie D. Walker and Tamara Corbet
Applications for appointed positions were certified as:
▪ Agricultural representative: Debby Mix and Elizabeth Kendall, who both received letters of support from the North Coast Farm Center.
▪ Environmental representative: Bruce Mumper, who received a letter of support from Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve, and Mary Webb, who whose obtained support from Greenspace — Cambria Land Trust.
For each voting area and for each appointed position, one will serve as area representative on the council board, and the other as alternate. Because there were only two applicants in Voting Areas 2, 4, and 8, who agreed among themselves which will be the area representative and which will be the alternate, there is no need for an election in those areas. An election will be held to select a representative and an alternate among the three candidates in Area 6.
The election will be held at the Cambria Veterans Memorial Building on Tuesday, April 3. Voters must have valid identification showing that they are residents of Area 6. Each voter will be asked to select no more two of the three candidates. Results will be announced to the candidates, NCAC members, and the public (via the NCAC website) as soon as practical after the polls close at 6 p.m. Results will also be published in The Cambrian.
The new board will be seated during the regular NCAC meeting at 6:30 p.m., April 18 in the Rabobank Community Room.
For more information consult www.northcoastadvisorycouncil.org, where maps of all Geographic Voting Areas and detailed lists of street names and addresses can be found.