Wondering where to go to celebrate Independence Day?
Here's a list of Fourth of July festivities scheduled around San Luis Obispo County on Friday:
• Arroyo Grande. 1 p.m. Village Band concert, hot dogs, lemonade and ice cream. Rotary Bandstand, Heritage Square Park. 473-2250.
• Atascadero. 7 a.m. Pancake breakfast, 5K, 10K and 1-mile runs, games, free zoo visits, food, pie-eating contest. Atascadero Lake Park, 9305 Pismo Ave. 441-9220, 674-5585.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Avila Beach. 8 a.m. Pancake breakfast fundraiser followed by Doggie Parade. Avila Beach Community Center, 191 San Miguel St. $2.50 to $5 breakfast. 627-1997.
• Avila Pier. Noon. Boat parade.
• Cambria. 11 a.m. Live music, kid races, pie-eating contest, fireworks at 9 p.m. Shamel Park, 5455 Windsor Blvd. 927-3875.
• Cayucos. 5 a.m. Sand-sculpture contest, parade, barbecue, bingo. Downtown. Fireworks at the pier at 9 p.m. 995-1200.
• Morro Bay. 10 a.m. Skateboard race, bike parade, food, drink, music, children’s activities, fireworks at 9:15 p.m. Tidelands Park. 776-3301.
• Pismo Beach. 10 a.m. Live music, food, crafts, artwork, family activities, fireworks at 9 p.m. Pismo Beach pier. 773-4382.
• Paso Robles. 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Children’s parade, games, music, patriotic program, fireworks at 9:15 p.m. Paso Robles Downtown City Park.
• Templeton. 7 a.m. Pancake breakfast, parade, food, games, entertainment, food, music. Community Park, 550 Crocker St. 434-1789.