The colorful San Luis Obispo Holiday Parade warmed up a chilly evening in downtown San Luis Obispo on Friday. If you missed the parade or want to extend your holiday celebration, more festivities are scheduled around the county this weekend. Here is a list of just some of them:
• Grover Beach Holiday Parade “Under the Sea Holiday” at 10 a.m. Saturday. The parade will be along West Grand Avenue from 16th Street to Ramona Avenue, Grover Beach. For information, call 473-4580.
• Woods Humane Society’s Holiday Open House from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday. The free event includes pet portraits with Santa, $20 microchip clinic, $58 holiday homecoming adopt-a-thon, kids holiday workshop, bounce house, gifts and shelter tours at Woods Humane Society, 875 Oklahoma Ave., San Luis Obispo. For information, call 543-9316.
• Jack House Victorian Christmas Open House and Candlelight Tours from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday. The event, which continues next weekend, includes docent-led tours, hot cider and cookies at Jack House and Garden, 536 Marsh St., San Luis Obispo. The cost is $5, kids are free. For information, call 781-7308.
• Morro Bay Holiday Tree Lighting at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The event includes holiday music, tree lighting, hot cider, cookies, dance performance, caroling and Santa Claus at City Park, Morro Bay Boulevard. For information, call 772-6278.
• Grover Beach Tree Lighting Ceremon at 5 p.m. Saturday. This free event includes snow, Santa Claus, music, refreshments, cookies and tree lighting at Ramona Garden Park Center, 993 Ramona Ave., Grover Beach. For information, call 473-4580.
• Musical Holiday Walk Around the Lake from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The event includes choirs, carolers, musical groups, refreshments, holiday decorations and community sing-along at Atascadero Lake, Highway 41. For information, call 466-8142.
• Paso Robles Holiday Light Parade “Christmas in Toyland” at 7 p.m. Saturday. The parade marks Santa’s arrival in Paso Robles Downtown City Park and Spring Street. For information, call 238-4103.