Here's a list of free Thanksgiving dinners planned for Wednesday and Thursday at locations throughout San Luis Obispo County:
Thanksgiving Day Community Dinner. Noon to 3 p.m. Thursday. Colony Park Community Center, 5599 Traffic Way. For more information, to attend as a guest or to volunteer, donate food or serve that day, visit Borjon Auto Center, 2345 Golden Hills Road in Paso Robles, or Atascadero First Assembly Church, 5545 Ardilla Ave. For more information, call Rick Simpson at 441-9563 or Eva Simpson at 423-1776, or email email@example.com.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Cambria community Thanksgiving dinner. 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. Veterans Memorial Building, 1000 Main St.
16th Annual Morro Bay Thanksgiving Dinner. 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday. Morro Bay Community Center, 1001 Kennedy Way. Hosted by the Morro Bay Peace Officers’ Association and the Rotary Club of Morro Bay. To request a meal to be delivered in the Morro Bay area, call 772-6205 by Wednesday evening.
The Pismo Beach Police Officers Association's 30th annual Thanksgiving dinner. 1 to 6 p.m. Wednesday. Pismo Beach Veterans Hall, 780 Bello St. Call 773-2208 for more information.
San Luis Obispo
Thanksgiving Dinner with Grass Roots II. Noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday. Grange Hall, 2880 Broad St. For more information, call 544-2333.
Thanksgiving Dinner at the Prado Day Center. Noon Thursday. Prado Day Center, 43 Prado Road. Traditional dinner cooked, donated and delivered by Phil Lange of Bon Temps Creole Cafe.
Thanksgiving Pizza Party. 6 p.m. Thursday. Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter, 750 Orcutt Road. Pizza will be served. For more information, call 781-3993.
The following services and agencies will be affected this week because of Thanksgiving and extended observances:
- All K-12 schools are closed Thursday and Friday. Some are closed the entire week.
- Cuesta College is closed Thursday through Saturday.
- Cal Poly is closed Wednesday through Sunday. The Kennedy Library is closed Thursday through Saturday.
- All state, county, city and community services district offices will be closed Thursday and Friday. Federal offices are closed Thursday.
- Post offices are closed Thursday, with no delivery. Several offices will offer limited hours Friday; check with your local office.
- Bank closures will vary. Stock markets are closed Thursday.
- Libraries will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- There will be no Thursday night Farmers Market in San Luis Obispo.
- Trash pickup is not affected in Cambria, Cayucos, Los Osos, Morro Bay or San Luis Obispo. Pickup in other cities may be delayed. Contact your garbage service provider for details.
- The Tribune offices are closed Thursday, but home delivery is not affected.