Woman hit by school bus while jogging in San Miguel

UPDATE 2:55 p.m.: A Visalia woman suffered minor injuries Wednesday morning after she was hit by a school bus while jogging in San Miguel.

Patricia Gonzalez, 22, had cuts and abrasions in the incident, which happened on N Street at River Road, according to a CHP news release.

CHP initially received a call about the incident at 7 a.m. At first, it appeared there were no injuries in the incident, and the response was canceled by the time an officer arrived on scene, CHP Office Bill Long said.

Then, a few hours later, CHP received a call from Twin Cities Community Hospital informing them that a pedestrian had arrived at the hospital for treatment after being hit by a bus.

There was some initial confusion over where the accident happened; it was first reported to have occurred in Templeton, but it actually took place in San Miguel.

The school bus was apparently traveling east on River Road and for unknown reasons collided with Gonzalez at N Street, the CHP said. The driver, who has not been identified, initially stopped at the scene.

CHP officers are now investigating to determine what led to the collision. They believe the driver works for the San Miguel Joint Unified School District.

Additional information is expected to be released later Wednesday afternoon.

Original story: Two separate accidents involving school buses on Wednesday morning are being investigated by the California Highway Patrol.

In Nipomo, a school bus carrying students was hit by a vehicle around 8:30 a.m. A woman driving a gray or silver Toyota struck the bus near Grande and Blume streets and was seen by a witness leaving the scene with major front damage to her car, according to CHP spokesman J.W. Townsen. No one was injured in the crash.

The CHP is also investigating a report that a school bus hit a pedestrian around 7 a.m. in San Miguel. No students were on the bus at the time. It is not clear at this time whether the bus driver or the pedestrian was injured. Officers are currently at Twin Cities Community Hospital conducting their investigation.