A 47-foot motor yacht moored at Morro Bay Yacht Club was made inoperable in a Friday night fire, according to the Morro Bay Fire department.
Morro Bay fire crews responded to the fire on King Kamehameha II just after 11 p.m. and had it out an hour later, said Capt. Jeff Olson.
Crews remained aboard mopping up for another two and half hours, and fire personnel stayed with the boat through the night during the fire investigation.
The fire was an accident, most probably caused by faulty wiring, said Olson.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Two men aboard, who woke to a fire on their boat, were on their way from San Diego to San Francisco.
They came into Morro Bay for the night and had been having electrical issues on their vessel, said Olson.