San Luis Obispo firefighters said they put out a small house fire caused by poor insulation and an ill-maintained floor furnace early Sunday.
The fire just after 2:30 a.m. in a home on Palm Street, off of Grove Street, was confined to the wall behind the furnace, causing an estimated $5,500 worth of damage according to the San Luis Obispo Fire Department.
Firefighters put out the fire within two minutes of their arrival, the Fire Department reported. No one was reported to be hurt.
The Fire Department credits the home’s two smoke detectors in helping the occupant to evacuate herself and her cat.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.