UPDATE 6 P.M.:
The cause of the fire was unattended food cooking in a malfunctioning toaster oven, according to the Paso Robles Fire Department.
Investigators say they have yet to determine the dollar value of the damage.
Firefighters in Paso Robles contained a house fire to the room where it started Saturday morning, the Fire Department reported.
When firefighters arrived about 11:45 a.m., they found that the occupants of the single-family home on Nicklaus Street had gotten out safely.
Breaking a hole in the roof to create an upward draft, firefighters kept the fire from spreading to the rest of the house, according to the Fire Department.
The fire was reported to be out just before noon. No one was injured.