Local

No gas leak detected after strong smell reported at San Luis Obispo home

A San Luis Obispo home was ventilated by Cal Fire after residents reported a possible gas leak inside a residence at 10:27 a.m. Friday.

The engine company that arrived to the home in the 5100 block of Caballeros Drive smelled a strong odor of natural gas, according to dispatcher Corrin Clark.

One resident was in the home and the other in the backyard; both were taken to the front yard and evaluated after complaints of feeling ill.

An ambulance from San Luis Ambulance arrived at the home but neither resident was transported to the hospital.

The home was checked by Southern California Gas Company. No leaks were found inside the residence.

-- Cynthia Lambert

  Comments