Cal Fire crews responded to reports of a fire coming from the roof of Pleasant Valley Elementary School in San Miguel at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to a news release from the agency.
The first units on scene saw flames coming from the school building’s attic. They had the blaze under control by 9 p.m. There was light smoke damage to the building.
According to the news release, the fire was caused by an electrical failure on a halogen light on the side of the building. Damage is estimated at $5,000.
No one was injured in the fire.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The school will be open for classes Thursday.