SLO County Roundup

San Luis Obispo County

Residents and businesses that incurred damages during recent storms are being asked to report those damages to the county government.

The San Luis Obispo County Office of Emergency Services will compile the information and give it to state and federal authorities to help determine if the county might qualify for a federal disaster declaration.

Those reporting should provide their name, contact phone number, address and a brief overview of the damages incurred, including repair costs, if known.

The OES will accept damage assessment reports via voice message, e-mail or mail.

Call 781-1335, e-mail oes@co.slo.ca.us or send a letter to the county OES, 1055 Monterey St., room D430, San Luis Obispo, CA 93408.

If a federal declaration of emergency is declared and disaster assistance funds become available, the county will make that known through the media and at the OES website.

Those with questions should call 781-5011 or go to www.slocountyoes.com.

— Bob Cuddy

Morro Bay

San Luis County Environmental Health Services has released a reminder of the quarantine order prohibiting the recreational sport harvesting of bivalve shellfish in the Morro Bay Estuary. Commercial shellfish harvesting is also prohibited.

Fifty thousand gallons of raw sewage flowed into Morro Bay on Dec. 19 after a tree fell on an above ground sewer line at Cuesta College during a storm.

— Tribune staff report