UPDATE 5:14 p.m. A man burned in the house fire early Monday was admitted to the intensive care unit at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, then transferred to the Fresno Burn Center, according to Cal Fire. No other information was available from Sierra Vista.
A female resident is being assisted by the Red Cross, a Cal Fire spokeswoman said.
Original story: A Los Osos resident was taken to the hospital with burn injuries after a house fire just after midnight Monday. Another resident was treated for smoke inhalation.
The fire at the home at 1940 10th St. was reported at 12:09 a.m., according to a news release from Cal Fire. Sheriff's deputies arrived at the home first, and evacuated the two residents inside.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
One resident was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, while the other was transported to the hospital for burn injuries.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which started after a plug strip overheated and failed.
The fire was contained to one room. Damage was estimated to be $25,000.