The last in a series of storms is expected to produce rain and wind over San Luis Obispo County until Wednesday afternoon.
The storm is expected to move through the Central Coast quickly, according to John Lindsey, meteorologist with Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant. Though the storm won't have a lot of time to produce rain in the area, the cold and unstable air associated with it could lead to periods of heavy rain, hail, lightning, thunder and gusty winds.
Total rainfall is expected to range from a half-inch to 2.5 inches across the county, Lindsey said.
Dry weather is forecast for Wednesday night. Fog should develop in the coastal valleys Thursday and Friday nights, Lindsey said, otherwise fair weather with temperatures into the mid-60s is expected through Christmas Eve.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Another cold front is forecast for Christmas Day, with winds up to 25 to 38 mph and more rain. Rain is also expected on Sunday.
Dry and fair weather is expected next week.
Here's an updated list of road closures around the Central Coast:
- 8:22AM SR1 BTWN SOLOMON RD AND BLACK RD - NOW OPEN
- 6:30AM BLACK SOUTH OF BETTERAVIA//BETWEEN BETTERAVIA AND MAHONEY
- 5:59AM PALMER RD BTWN US101 & DOMINION - CLOSED
- 5:44AM CHOLAME VALLEY RD - CLOSED
- 5:44AM SHELL CREEK AT TRUESDALE - CLOSED
- 5:44AM GILLS CANYON AT CREEK CRSG - CLOSED
- 5:44AM RIVERSIDE RD NIPOMO - CLOSED
- 5:44AM PRODUCE PL AT HALCYON - CLOSED
- 5:44AM SALINAS BTWN EDDY & HAWLEY - CLOSED
- 5:44AM OLD CREEK BTWN SR1 & SR46 - CLOSED
- 5:44AM THOMPSON 1 MILE JNO SR166 - CLOSED
- 5:44AM BONITA SCHOOL AT DIVISION - CLOSED
- 5:44AM ORCHARD AT SOUTHLAND - CLOSED
- 5:44AM JOSHUA BTW ORCHARD & HUTTON - CLOSED
- 5:44AM HUTTON AT SR166 - CLOSED
- 5:26AM SR1 BTWN DIVISION & OSO FLACO
- 3:36AM SR1 BTWN SOLOMON RD & BLACK RD (GOLF COURSE) - CLOSED