Local

Dog rescued from SLO house fire

San Luis Obiso fire fighters climb off a roof after extinguishing a structure fire on King Street Wednesday afternoon.
Photo by Joe Johnston  04-06-10
San Luis Obiso fire fighters climb off a roof after extinguishing a structure fire on King Street Wednesday afternoon. Photo by Joe Johnston 04-06-10 Tribune

A kitchen appliance was determined to have caused an accidental fire in a San Luis Obispo residence that caused an estimated $25,000 to $30,000 in damage.

No one was injured in the fire, which started about 2:25 p.m. in the 2100 block of King Street. Firefighters who arrived at the home first were able to save a pit bull terrier from the flames, according to San Luis Obispo Fire Marshal Rodger Maggio.

City firefighters brought hoses into the residence, which was located over a garage, and had the fire contained within five minutes, Maggio said. The damage was confined to the kitchen area.

Three engine companies and one truck company from the San Luis Obispo City Fire Department and one unit from Cal Fire responded to the fire.

Reach Cynthia Lambert at 781-7929. Stay updated by following @SouthCountyBeat on Twitter.

  Comments