A fire broke out late Monday night at Cayucos restaurant, causing $10,000 in damage.
Firefighters were called to the Sea Shanty restaurant on Ocean Avenue just before 11 p.m. Monday for a kitchen fire. Officials say the fire was caused by one of the grill’s burners being left on.
Fire engines from Cayucos, Morro Bay and Cal Fire were able to contain the fire within 20 minutes.
The restaurant reopened for business Tuesday afternoon.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Tribune