Local

Fire that destroyed San Luis Obispo home was sparked by unattended soldering iron

A soldering iron left plugged in ignited a nearby towel and caused a fire that completely destroyed a small early 20th century house on the east end of San Luis Obispo on Thursday night.

The blaze broke out at 672 Branch St., near the Chilie Peppers restaurant just off Broad Street, about 8:30 p.m. Flames could be seen coming from an outbuilding behind the house, and smoke was coming out of the house's windows. No one was injured in the fire.

Four units from the San Luis Obispo Fire Department and one from Cal Fire responded to the fire.

  Comments