A fire destroyed a house and killed two dogs in Nipomo late Friday night, according to County/Cal Fire.
A fire escaping a fireplace caused the fire just before 11 p.m. off of Pomeroy Road and Calimex Place, about a mile north of Tefft Street, Cal Fire reported.
Two people got out inunjured, but the 2,500-square-foot, two story home was a total loss, according to Cal Fire.
The agency estimated damage to the home at $500,000, plus $100,000 for its contents.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.