Update, 4:45 p.m.
The California Highway Patrol has confirmed that Highway 41 reopened at about 4:10 p.m.
Update, 3 p.m.
The San Luis Obispo County Public Works Department has released a list of all county roads that are closed due to the effects of the rain, including flooding, downed trees and mudslides.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Those roads are:
In San Luis Obispo:
▪ Turri Road from South Bay Boulevard to Los Osos Valley Road
▪ Avila Beach Drive from Ontario to San Luis Bay Drive
▪ San Luis Bay Drive at Highway 101 low water crossing
In Paso Robles:
▪ San Marcos Road at Wellsona (near San Miguel)
▪ Airport Road at the low water crossing
▪ Penman Springs Road at the river crossing (still closed from previous storms)
▪ North River Road at the low water crossing
▪ Huer Huero Road at the river crossing
▪ Cholame Valley Road from Highway 46 to McMillan Canyon Road
▪ Avon Avenue from Ardath Drive to Wales Road
In Arroyo Grande:
▪ Cecchetti Road at the low water crossing (remains closed)
Update, 11:26 a.m.
Highway 41 is closed between San Gabriel Road and Old Morro Road and will reopen in four to six hours, according to the Atascadero Police Department.
Highway 41 in Atascadero is closed at San Gabriel Road because of a rock slide just east of the Three Bridges Oak Preserve area, according to the Atascadero Police Department.
The closure was first reported at about 10:12 a.m. on the California Highway Patrol’s website. Highway 41 between Atascadero and Morro Bay reopened Feb. 11 after mudslides closed the highway for more than a month.
The magnitude of the slide and the estimated time it will take to clear are currently unknown.