Truck stuck in flood waters as San Luis Creek rises
Heavy rain overnight has lead to flooding, mudslides and fallen trees around San Luis Obispo County. Here’s a list of problems as of 10 a.m., according to the CHP:
- Avila Beach Drive is closed between Ontario Road and Sycamore Crest Trail due to flooding in the roadway.
- Very high water at Clover Ridge Lane and the Higuera Street offramp in San Luis Obispo. A black Toytota pickup truck was reportedly stuck in the water.
- The hillside gave way and debris and large rocks were on the right hand side of the road on Highway 101 at Laetitia Vineyard Drive. The slide has been contained to the right hand side of the road.
- A tree was blocking both lanes of traffic at Santa Rita Road and Marsh Road east of Caycuos.
- Highway 1 at 13th Street in Oceano is flooded.
- Southbound Highway 101 just north of Price Street in Pismo Beach has some flooding in the left lane.