The San Luis Obispo City Council will at its regular meeting Tuesday consider adopting an updated bicycle transportation plan, a plan that predicts the city will become an increasingly bike friendly place.
Specifically, the introduction to the plan notes that by 2026, all San Luis Obispo residents shall have access to a safe and well-maintained system of interconnected bikeways.
But it also notes that only 27 percent of the current adults now living in the city consider themselves bike riders. But of the other 73 percent of adults in San Luis Obispo, more than 90 percent answered that they could be induced into riding bicycles by additional bikeways and bicycle parking.
The council is expected to hold a one-hour meeting on the plan at its 7 p.m. Tuesday meeting at City Hall, 990 Palm St.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.