The logic of U.S. war, based on numbers from a National Catholic Reporter article on Oct. 10:
1. M1 Abrams tank, cost to U.S. taxpayers: $6 million.
2. The Iraqi army that abandons M1 tank to Islamic State forces, cost to U.S. taxpayers: $25 billion.
3. F-16 sent to destroy M1 tank, cost to taxpayers: $18 million
Never miss a local story.
4. Missile to blow up the captured M1 tank, cost to U.S. taxpayers: $20,000
5. New tanks for the Iraqi Army, cost to U.S. taxpayers: billions and billions.
6. Perpetual war in the Middle East? Priceless!