After responding to a gas explosion Wednesday afternoon in Morro Bay, police discovered a hash oil lab and an injured man, according to a news release from the Morro Bay Police Department and the San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Office.
The man had been burned in the explosion in the 800 block of Napa Avenue around 4:30 p.m.
The man is currently being treated at a Fresno burn center, said sheriff's spokesman Tony Cipolla.
Cipolla said it appears that hash oil was being manufactured in the duplex were the explosion occurred.
Never miss a local story.
Liquefied butane was being used to get resin from the marijuana, said Cipolla. It is believed, said Cipolla, that the butane gas sank to the floor and was ignited by a pilot light.
The explosion blew out the windows of the residence, he added.
No arrests have been made.
The sheriff's narcotics team was asked to take over the investigation, which remains open.