About the Colony

About the Colony

Work begins on Atascadero’s new pedestrian bridge and plaza

Work is underway on what I consider the most significant improvements in Atascadero’s downtown since the Sunken Gardens improvement project about 15 years ago, writes Tribune columnist Lon Allan. The Centennial Bridge and Plaza Project, when completed, will result in significant improvements around the area, from the newly completed Atascadero Middle High School to El Camino Real, including Atascadero Creek and Colony Square.

About the Colony

Major flap over Pepsi ad was unwarranted

Tribune columnist Lon Allan says he can’t seem to understand the social media eruption over the recent Pepsi commercial starring Kendall Jenner. Too many people can be whipped into a fury these days — and that is not good for any of us, Allan writes.

About the Colony

2017 offers us all renewed hope

None of us knows what any new year will bring. What it does bring, especially for me, is renewed hope for myself and everyone I know. My optimism doesn’t last long. But for that fleeting moment, like the feeling you get from the warm towel from the dryer, all is right with the world.

Videos

House fire in Nipomo kills 1 person

A house fire in Nipomo on Sunday, June 25, 2017, killed one person, and an arson investigator was on scene to determine the cause and the origin of the blaze, according to Cal Fire. Cal Fire says the blaze was reported as a fire with a person trapped inside the house.
Cal Fire SLO
House fire in Nipomo kills 1 person 0:12

House fire in Nipomo kills 1 person

Grown in Morro Bay, this exotic 'citrus caviar' pops in your mouth 0:40

Grown in Morro Bay, this exotic 'citrus caviar' pops in your mouth

Camp San Luis Obispo hosts the 2017 Cyber Innovation Challenge 1:41

Camp San Luis Obispo hosts the 2017 Cyber Innovation Challenge

SLO County coordinates with FBI to stay a step ahead of cyberattacks 1:40

SLO County coordinates with FBI to stay a step ahead of cyberattacks