Take the Cambria Weather Watch quiz! Answers are at the end.
1. How many more hours of daylight does Cambria experience on June 21 (longest day) as compared to Dec. 21 (shortest day)?
A. Less than 4 hours
B. 4½ hours
C. More than 4½ hours
2. What is the average high temperature (at the ocean) during our summer months (July, August and September)?
3. On May 13, 2014, Cambria recorded a high temperature of 91 degrees at Park Hill. This represents the highest temperature over the last 16 years.
4. John Lindsey has discussed the 13 categories of winds according to the Beaufort scale. Which type of breeze is associated with the formation of white caps and small waves on the ocean?
A. Gentle breeze (8-12 mph)
B. Moderate breeze (13-18 mph)
C. Fresh breeze (19-24 mph)
D. Strong breeze (25-31 mph
5. What percentage of Cambria’s annual rainfall occurs during the six-month period of May through October (our non-rainy season)?
A. 5 percent
B. 10 percent
C. 15 percent
D. 20 percent
Answers: 1. B; 2. A; 3. B; 4. B; 5. B.