Cambrian: Opinion

Cambria’s Tala Romero is a textbook volunteer

Caffeinated with a low-fat double latte, I was ready to chat with Tala Romero about her years of community volunteerism in local schools, church and community. As I furiously scribed notes about the CAPSLO center supervisor for Sequoia Preschool in Morro Bay — and longtime Cambrian — Romero’s volunteerism history about melted my note taking pen.

Trump’s lavish lifestyle contradicts campaign

There’s an abundance of high-stakes hypocrisy and hoodwinking going on back in the national’s capitol — and in Palm Beach, Florida. While ordinary Americans faced tax deadlines last week, the executive branch was splurging, spending outrageous sums of our money so President Donald Trump can kick back in Florida most weekends.

Guest writers are welcome in the Culinary Corner

Every year about this time, I celebrate my anniversary in the Culinary Corner, and this will be my 17th. I can hardly believe it! On each of the major milestones, I wonder how long it has been, and how long I can sustain the excitement with you. Case in point — can I keep meeting deadlines for three more years and make it to my 20th?

Cambria is about loving each other, and where we live

I have some friends who are moving from Paso Robles to Oregon. “We came for the horse mentality, the independent spirit. It’s not so much that anymore but wine bars and vineyards. It’s changed too drastically and not to our liking so, we’re moving on.” I get that. I’ve thought a number of times that Cambria was getting too big. And then I immerse myself in it again.

Spring is the season for fun and fancy in Cambria

You might be able to tell it’s spring by the calendar or the wildflowers. But if you have any doubt the seasons have changed, all you have to do is look at everything that’s going on in Cambria. If you’re worried about staying home and twiddling your thumbs, take a quick look around at everything that’s going on.

Cambrian letters to the editor, April 6, 2017

Bikes for Tikes is leaving San Luis Obispo County; congratulations to Coast Union boys basketball team; kudos to Kathe Tanner for story on the weather’s impact on ranchers; appreciation for Coast Union’s spring musical; opposition to county groundwater management plan.

Videos

Muslim scholar Dalia Mogahed speaks on Islamophobia at Cal Poly

Muslim scholar Dalia Mogahed drew about 1,000 attendees to her speech titled "Islamophobia: A Threat to All" on Saturday, April 29, 2017. She was invited by the Muslim Student Association, whose members consider the event a success.
Andrew Sheeler The Tribune
Muslim scholar Dalia Mogahed speaks on Islamophobia at Cal Poly 1:36

Muslim scholar Dalia Mogahed speaks on Islamophobia at Cal Poly

Men in heels march downtown San Luis Obispo to prevent violence for women 1:08

Men in heels march downtown San Luis Obispo to prevent violence for women

A look at progress on the 12-acre freshman dorm project at Cal Poly 0:48

A look at progress on the 12-acre freshman dorm project at Cal Poly

Highlights from the Big West Beach Volleyball Championships in Pismo Beach 1:27

Highlights from the Big West Beach Volleyball Championships in Pismo Beach