The CARES coalition of those hoping to provide special services to North Coast seniors has prepared a survey it wants those seniors to fill out and submit.
The nonprofit Cambria Adult Resources Education and Support (CARES) group disbanded in late 2014 after years of providing the service, but volunteers who want to revitalize the effort need input from the people they want to serve.
The group of volunteers provided a licensed adult care center that offered daytime activities to keep seniors’ minds alert, their bodies trim and their lives full of fun and socialization. The service also provided respite to caregivers.
The survey includes such the following questions:
- If we were open five days a week, would you attend?
- What could you afford to pay? $20 an hour?
- What could you afford to pay? $10 an hour?
- Do you know the name of someone who would enjoy volunteering for CARES?
- What kinds of service for seniors would make the quality of your life better?
- Do you need our service?
- Do you not need our service?
Answers to those questions should be sent to CARES, 2700 Eton Road, Cambria CA 93428, Attn: Jesse Miller.