Take the Cambria Weather Watch quiz! Answers are at the end.
1. “Shine on harvest moon” — During what season do we experience a harvest moon?
2. “Once in a blue moon” refers to the fact that there will be two full moons during a calendar month. Our next blue moon is July 2015. How many blue moons can we expect during the next 20 years?
D. 20. (Average of 1 each year)
3. How much rain can we expect to receive in the fall (October, November and December?
A. 2 inches — 4 rainy days
B. 4 inches — 8 rainy days
C. 6 inches — 12 rainy days
D. 8 inches — 16 rainy days
Never miss a local story.
4. Which month reflects Cambria’s highest average temperature?
A. July and August
5. During the first six months of 2014, all communities on the Central Coast have averaged a 3.4 percent reduction in water use from the comparable 2013 period. Cambria is the only community to have met the governor’s request for a 20 percent cut in water use. How much has Cambria reduced water use during the first six months?
A. 26 percent
B. 31 percent
C. 36 percent
6. California’s average high temperature for the first 6 months of 2014 was 5 degrees warmer than historical averages. How many degrees warmer was Cambria’s average high for the first six month of 2014 compared with the past 16 years?
A. 5 degrees warmer — same as California
B. 2 degrees warmer
C. No change
Answers: 1. C; 2. B; 3. C; 4. B; 5. B; 6. B.